Personal Information Collected - PrismWeb recognizes the need for consumers to control the use and management of personal information. By personal information we mean information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This may include, but is not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, a student id number, or a phone number. If you are visiting our site to browse or find information about PrismWeb's products or services, you do not need to provide any personal information. If you decide to make a purchase, however, we may collect this information so that we can provide you with the product or service you requested.
Automatic Information Collected - Our website makes use of various technologies to collect information about types and versions of internet browsers used when accessing our web site. This information, and information about internet IP addresses, as well as date and time web pages are visited are stored in various security and traffic logs. Our service provider reviews these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we are tracking down a technical problem or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct we do not trace specific user sessions.
Personal Information Use - PrismWeb uses personal information provided by you so that we can service your account. Also note that we may need to transfer that information to our agents or employees of our service providers. We will not sell or trade your information to unrelated third parties. When you submit an order you will receive an email confirmation from our system. As your order status changes you may also receive notifications via email. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We may also periodically send you email notifications concerning products or services. Any such notification will include instructions for opting out of future mailings.
Third Parties - We may partner with other third parties to provide various products and services. When you sign up for these services or products we will share required personal information that is necessary for the third party to provide the product or service to you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties are obligated to protect your information on our behalf. It is also against our policy to sell or trade information collected online without consumer consent. We may, however, release personal information if we are legally required to do so. If we are legally compelled to release information to a third party, PrismWeb, may or may not notify you of this release. Notification will be at the discretion of PrismWeb and will be based on the nature and conditions surrounding the release of information.
Information Control - Your customer profile is accessible from our website and you may update it at anytime. Our web site provides you with the ability to change your phone numbers, physical addresses, and email address information stored in your profile. You may also write to us at the address listed at the bottom of this policy to request that we make the change for you.
Children - PrismWeb's website is targeted to college students, faculty and alumni and as such is not meant to attract children. We do not intend to collect personal information from anyone we know to be under thirteen years of age. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under thirteen years of age and believe that your child has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us so that we may remove the child's information.
Confidentiality and Security - PrismWeb takes reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected. On our website we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting your personal information. Our website is hosted in a data center which makes use of multiple levels of redundant firewalls and database encryption to protect information. Internally, we limit access to your information to those employees or agents who we believe have reasonable need to use the information to provide products or services to you, or to perform their jobs.
Notifications - This web site may send you notifications via email in order to service your PrismWeb account. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We will send the email but we cannot guarantee delivery. You are responsible for providing a valid email address and for updating it when your address changes.
Contact - Please direct all privacy related questions and concerns to the following address:
4700 S. 19th Street
Use of the PrismWeb website (the "Site") and the content contained herein (the "Site") is governed by the terms of this Agreement (the "Agreement") between you and PrismWeb ("Bookstore"). Your use of this Site constitutes your unconditional agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you must immediately cease using this Site.
1. The Site is subject to protection under copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned, controlled or licensed by Bookstore and its affiliates or by third parties. These rights are protected by common law, state laws, and U.S. and international laws. Bookstore expressly reserves all rights, titles, and interests in and to all copyrights, trade names, logos, patents and other intellectual property and proprietary rights in and to the Site, including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and "applets"; the overall "look and feel", processes, software, technology, and other materials which appear on this Site; and the business processes used to market products and services. You agree that your rights are limited to those granted herein, and you will not acquire any rights except as expressly set forth in this Agreement.
2. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for your use or logging onto a server or an account which you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, "flooding," "spamming," "mailbombing" or "crashing;" or (d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability.
3. The Site may contain robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Site is updated on a regular basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Bookstore by our suppliers and other third parties. You agree not to use any device, technique, software, system or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with, or to otherwise circumvent the proper working of this Site or any activity being conducted on this Site. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, device, technique, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, scrapers, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate, access or search this Site, other than generally available third party web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer™, Google Chrome™, and Mozilla Firefox™. Additionally, you agree that you will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in the sole discretion of us or our suppliers affected by your action) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or the bandwidth or infrastructure of the company that hosts this Site, or bypass the robot exclusion headers or other measures on this Site or on the host servers that may be used to prevent or restrict access.
4. Bookstore will not be liable for damages resulting from any failure caused by events beyond its control, by any act of God, such as a power failure, or by any other cause not within the control of Bookstore.
5. If you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, this Agreement terminates immediately without notice. Bookstore may deny access to the Site to you and anyone claiming by or through you without liability to anyone. Bookstore shall have all additional rights and remedies at law and in equity arising from such violation. Further, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Bookstore, and its affiliates, suppliers, employees and agents harmless from all claims, actions, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to any such prohibited use of the Site. If you violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, they have all remedies at law and in equity to enforce their rights against you to the extent applicable arising from your actions.
6. Any delay or failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit such rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which Bookstore resides. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the remainder of this Agreement, which shall be given full effect without regard to the invalid portions.
7. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Bookstore regarding the use of the Site.
Copyright © 2023 PrismWeb. All rights reserved.back to top
PrismWeb MEMBERSHIP CARD REWARDS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Eligibility and Enrollment. Participation in the PrismWeb Membership Card Rewards Program (the "Program") is open to all customers in good standing. "You" and "Your" as used in these Terms and Conditions refer to PrismWeb customers who are enrolled in the Program. You must complete and sign an application form. You may only enroll in one name and have one membership. Providing false information or omitting any information requested on any enrollment form may be grounds for denying enrollment to participate in the Program.
2. Fees. There are no fees to enroll or otherwise participate in the Program.
3. Points Accrual. Every member enrolled in the Program will accrue a $5.00 PrismWeb Reward Credit for every $150.00 of purchases, excluding taxes, at PrismWeb. You will also accrue a $5.00 PrismWeb Reward Credit for every $150.00 worth of books sold back to PrismWeb. Adjustments may be made to the points accrued in your account for returned merchandise or from refunds. Any purchases made prior to enrollment in the Program are not eligible for PrismWeb Reward Credits.
4. Points Expiration. All PrismWeb Reward Credits must be used by February 28. Any PrismWeb Reward Credits not redeemed by February 28th, will be forfeited.
5. Points Redemption. PrismWeb Reward Credits may be redeemed for merchandise at PrismWeb, but may not be redeemed for cash. PrismWeb Reward Credits may not be available on the same day as the required purchase amount is reached. PrismWeb Reward Credits currently are not redeemable online. PrismWeb Reward Credits must be surrendered at the time of redemption. By redeeming a reward, you release PrismWeb, its subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability regarding the redemption or use of any reward or other participation in the Program. PrismWeb is not responsible for lost or stolen rewards, reward vouchers, or certificates. Redeemed rewards are not exchangeable for other rewards, or refundable, replaceable, or transferable for cash or credit under any circumstances. Once accrued PrismWeb Reward Credits have been redeemed, such Reward Credits cannot be refunded or transferred back onto your Membership Card. PrismWeb Reward Credits may not be used to repay any amounts owed to PrismWeb arising from the financing of any purchase, including, without limitation, any textbook purchases, whether in the form of a loan, financial aid, voucher, or any other means which results in the delay of payment of your purchase, including, without limitation, a university sponsored debit card or delayed billing arrangement.
6. Other Membership Benefits. You may also receive the following benefits with your PrismWeb Membership Card:
- Merchandise discounts at PrismWeb
- Advance notice of prizes, giveaways and store events
- Exclusive offers available only to PrismWeb Card Members
- Automatic entry into the current PrismWeb Sweepstakes each time you use your Membership Card.
Any special offers may include additional terms and conditions. You may not be eligible to redeem some special offers because of your age or other legal requirements. PrismWeb reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether you are eligible for any special offers.
7. Value/Transferability. PrismWeb Reward Credits accrued in the Program are non transferable for any reason, whether by operation of law or otherwise, to any other person. Points accrued in the Program have no cash or monetary value.
8. Additional Eligibility Requirements. If PrismWeb has financed any purchase for you, including, without limitation, any textbook purchase, whether through a loan, financial aid, vouchers, or any other means, or if you have otherwise delayed the payment of your purchases, including any textbook purchases, through any means, including, without limitation, a university sponsored debit card or delayed billing arrangement, and such account is not in good standing (overdue or in collection), your enrollment in the Program may be cancelled and/or any PrismWeb Reward Credits accrued in the Program may be forfeited in the sole discretion of PrismWeb. Your enrollment in the Program may also be cancelled and/or any PrismWeb Reward Credits accrued may be forfeited due to your failure to adhere to the Terms and Conditions governing the Program. Fraud and abuse relating to the earning of PrismWeb Reward Credits or redemption of rewards may result in forfeiture of accrued Reward Credits as well as cancellation of your Membership Card.
9. General. PrismWeb assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage of whatever nature resulting from the redemption of PrismWeb Reward Credits or your participation in the Program. PrismWeb is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either collected at the time you registered as a Member or during the course of your participation in the Program. You are responsible for ensuring that your points are properly credited. All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program or the eligibility of PrismWeb Reward Credits for accrual or redemption will be resolved by PrismWeb at its sole discretion. PrismWeb's failure to enforce a particular Term or Condition does not constitute a waiver of that Term or Condition by PrismWeb. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Nebraska, United States of America. PrismWeb Reward Credits cannot be replaced or credited if lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed. PrismWeb Reward Credits cannot be sold, bought or otherwise transferred. Rewards and redemptions are subject to applicable laws, rules and regulations and are void where prohibited. The PrismWeb Reward Card is not a debit, credit or billing card. Program benefits and rewards may be subject to certain taxes. You are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of such taxes.
10. Program Changes/Availability. PrismWeb rewards membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of PrismWeb. PrismWeb reserves the right to change, limit, modify or cancel these Terms and Conditions and the rewards at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the points already accumulated, the ability to use accumulated points, or the ability to obtain certain rewards. PrismWeb may, among other things: (a) increase or decrease the number of points required for a reward; (b) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any reward; (c) restrict the continued availability of rewards; or (d) change program benefits, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting points, or rules governing the use of rewards. The accumulation of points does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to points, rewards, or program benefits. In accumulating points, members may not rely upon the continued availability of any reward. PrismWeb may suspend or terminate the Program at any time it deems necessary. PrismWeb reserves the right to change the Program Terms and Conditions at any time. You are subject to and must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
12. Address and Name Changes. Members shall promptly notify PrismWeb of any name or address change via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to top